FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transfer BA Miles
View Single Post
Old Jul 30, 2010, 12:41 pm
AGSF

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by henkybaby
No, no, no... You already earned the miles. So they are yours. You pay for the transfer. That transfer fee is more than what the 25% bonus miles would cost. Much more. I am however glad that some people will think it is a good deal so it will generate a lot of revenue for BA. I view it quite differently.

It would have been ok if they simply said: you transfer x miles and you need to buy 25% additional miles at the normal price + 20%.
I can see how it might be viewed as annoying to "pay" for miles that have already been earned, but my point is this: If my friend has 19,000 miles, and I need 19,000 miles, without this offer (and assuming I don't have an AMEX account or something like that), my only option would be to purchase those 19,000 miles from BA for $550. With this offer, I can get the 19,000 miles plus a nice bonus for $235. True, the miles have been earned, and true I am paying for them, but if they are useless to my friend, and useful to me, it is a good route to go for the miles I want.