FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Concord Bus to Portland: from BOS or South Station?
Old Jul 27, 2010, 7:08 pm
Analise
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by guv1976
Why not just take Amtrak from North Station to Portland? Should be more comfortable than the bus -- but I don't think the engineer will let you sit up front.
I've actually taken that train twice northbound. I actually liked the bus better because it was quicker believe it or not because the train goes very slowly between a few of the towns in NH.

Depending on how many are in Analise's party, and when they are traveling, the available discounts on Amtrak may pay for the cab ride to North Station:
Just me.

Originally Posted by Blumie
If you do take the silver line bus, you use the same Charlie Card or Charlie Ticket you would use for the subway. Take the bus to the last stop -- South Station. When you get to South Station, you'll need to walk through the train section of South Station to the bus terminal section, which is on the other side of the station.

If you're hungry, there are a couple of decent food options at the food court at South Station, principally Regina's Pizza (not nearly as good as the original North End location, and almost certainly not as good as your favorite NYC spot, but decent for a slice nonetheless) and Rosie's, for cookies, brownies and other baked goods.
I need to find my Charlie Card! I know there is a bus to the Blue Line. That I remember. Thanks for the snack info. If there's an Au Bon Pain, I'll be happy. I know BOS has one. Oh wait....there IS an Au Bon Pain where the train departures are.

Originally Posted by wcj1
everyone empties out at South Station at a designated unloading spot -- unless they already have a ticket (such as when I have purchased a return ticket) in which case they can stay on the bus. The bus then goes over to the loading spot, where there is already a sizable line of people waiting to board.
That is what I thought. There IS a huge line already and I'll have to get off the bus because Concord doesn't sell tickets at BOS.

Now the question remains....how long will it take to get to South Station from Terminal A?