FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - new chase southwest airlines cc promo - refer a friend
Old Jul 27, 2010, 7:18 am
JeffLewis2
Original Member

well, a quick report. good and bad.

Both of my parents called referral number for a new card and bonus to the referrer.

They were scrupulous with details via phone application. I gave the written instructions with all pertinent info. Two separate applications. Two separate calls.

Well, both got the cards, but my father has still not received his 16 bonus credits (even after statement generates) and there is "no record" of this bonus or a referral bonus. Getting the wait 4-6 weeks line--has anyone else had to wait this long (after first statement generates)?

Both called the referral number on the promotion cards.

Way to go Chase. Now, still after about two hours of follow up calls and talking to SWA RR, still nothing "of record" to show for my fathers account. No 16 bonus, no referral bonus to us.

Of course my mom's 16 credits hit, as did those on our own cards, right when the statement generates...

Parents are always leery of these "promos" and this experience certainly hasn't helped. Feeling ripped off.

Any other similar experiences or advice? Contact Chase or SWA more?