FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US Airways Website Down
View Single Post
Old Jul 21, 2010, 4:34 pm
newamiga

Programs: USAir MM CP, UA 1P, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by uglyusair
I am unfortunately a long-time usair dividend mile member. I travel in excess of 100,000 miles per year. I have tons of miles and chairman status but I am ready to give it all up. This airline is terrible and the web-site problems the last several days has been the straw that has broken the camel's back. I have tried all week to book upcoming trips for the 4th quarter. When I call web support they aren't even aware there is a problem. As I explained to an employee earlier today....how the company treats customers and employees is despicable. Top management doesn't about their employees or they would never allow their web site to literally go down the entire week. Shame on USAIR.
Yeah but they turned a profit and got good DOT ratings so Doug will get his bonus. I too called the Chairmans desk to book today. I told the very nice and helpful person working about the issues. She too said they had been trying to fix something all day and it was down. I work for a software company. If we ever did the stupid things these guys do on production servers without testing and did it during the middle of the day, people would be fired period. I had an exchange with customer dis-service this week about charing Chairmans for "Premium" seating on Regional Jets and yet still giving unlimited upgrades to first on real jets and how stupid this was. After a couple responses I got back basically it is USAir's business decision to charge for those seats and to go pound sand. I guess as long as they keep cutting things so they can turn a profit and their execs are getting bonuses, they don't care about those of us who pay for those bonuses. I am looking at potentially switching to UA. I fly out of DEN anyway. I don't think they are that much better of course. Just different people to be upset with.