FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - spilled juice: compensation
View Single Post
Old Jul 20, 2010, 8:35 am
exerda
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Heard back from 1KVoice; most of the e-mail is pretty boilerplate, as expected, but I am surprised that they offered to reimburse for dry cleaning. (FWIW, I managed to get the stains out pretty well at home on my own with a couple of launderings and plenty of washing soda--sodium carbonate--thank goodness, so no need to take UA up on that; I'm pretty surprised they came clean, or that UA offered to pay for cleaning.)

Originally Posted by 1K Voice
Please accept my apologies that we did not serve you better on flight xxx from San Francisco to Washington Dulles. We realize that at times we are not doing as well as we should be in serving our guests. You should be able to rely on us to provide you with an enjoyable flight that is correctly staffed, a comfortable cabin temperature, entertainment systems in good working condition, and amenities such as pillow and reading material. As a gesture of our goodwill, please accept the attached $200 electronic travel certificate.

We can review and consider reimbursement for your dry cleaning by faxing us at 877 xxx-xxxx or mailing your receipt to:

[UA Address]

As a 1K member of our Mileage Plus Program, your candid feedback - whether positive or negative - is appreciated as this allows us to monitor onboard products and services and share your comments with management responsible for our in-flight operations so they can understand how your onboard experience felt from your point of view. Please give us an opportunity to provide you the service you expect from United Airlines.