FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SJC / San Jose, California Admirals Club - CLOSED as of Sep 17, 2010
Old Jul 18, 2010, 8:52 am
AAerSTL

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Just another day in AA's contraction of the Bay Area market...Sad news for the folks that use this club regularly and the employees involved. I was there is May and only person was on duty working the dragon position. No bartender, and there was one other guest in the club at the time. I suppose by swiping my Amex in I did my part

I'd be curious to know what their rental rate at SJC is. SJC is one of the most expensive airports to operate out of, yet the local politicians and Bay Area customers still wonder why they have such little air service and amenities at the airport (like the Admirals Club). Perhaps we would be able to find this information through open records/sunshine law from the City of San Jose.

I think it really says something about the politics and airport administration there if smaller markets with similar AA presence like Austin, TX or Kansas City, MO can sustain Admirals Clubs yet San Jose can't.