FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency San Francisco - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jul 13, 2010, 8:58 am
khitomer

Programs: HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Virgin Atlantic
Originally Posted by skunker
Just completed a weekend stay (Friday and Saturday) on the AAA breakfast rate. We checked-in early, ~10 am, but were told our room wasn't ready but it was being rushed. That was fine as we just wanted to drop our bags and go out into the city. The agent then informed me that we had been upgraded...to a suite...the presidential suite! I hadn't even requested a suite upgrade!

We came back a few hours later to retrieve our bags and keys and sure enough we were in 1740, "the best suite in the hotel." It was huge: living room with two couches and two chairs; a formal dining table with 6 chairs; a kitchen with full size fridge; a half bath off the dining room; bed room with desk with a Sony all-in-one computer and printer; and a full bath with shower and spa tub. At least 1500 sq feet. My wife wanted to know if we could move in.

Great hotel. Great stay.

FYI: On weekends you can park across the street at the Embarcadero Center for $3/hour or $2 for 4 hours if you get validated. We rented a car from the Budget in the lobby on Saturday and since they close at 1 pm the valet wanted $15/hour to hold on to it as we didn't need it until 3 pm. You can also drop the keys with the valet at night, before midnight, for $15 and avoid the $50 overnight parking fee.
Can you clarify what you mean about the parking? Do you mean the Hotel valet or that of the Embarcadero?