FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Jul 11, 2010, 6:04 pm
ejs621

Programs: AA Advantage Platinum, United 1K, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by ooodsie
I have been depositing 1k at a time with tellers at a few branches of BofA .. Does anyone know if the dollar coins show up in coinstar machines as $1's properly? If so, I would be tempted to alternate between BofA and the free coinstar machines at TD Bank (they just let you redeem for cash for free). Just to diversify.. Sidenote: I do try to spend these locally as well, not all are deposited.
I've used coinstar machines at 2 different branches of a bank. At one location, all of my counts have been exact with very few rejected coins that need to fed through again. The second location has been quite different, I normally have a large number of $1 coins that are rejected and have to be fed through a few times before they are accepted. The counts have been exact about 50% of the time, over almost the other 50%. Only once was I shorted exactly $1 by this machine.

I always get "Boy, that was alot of change" from the tellers as I deposit the receipt from the Coinstar machine.

Cheers!