FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Head Injury caused by Sheraton - Hotel not accepting liability
Old Jul 9, 2010, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by F0CUS
Shouldn't it be Starwood/Sheraton's responsibility to at least try to resolve the situation with of loyal guest without requiring legal action?!

The hotel first proposed a $1,000USD settlement which I found to be almost insulting since it wouldn't even cover basic medical fees let alone plastic surgery and pain and suffering.

I refused the $1,000 offer and started communicating directly with the hotel GM. I proposed that they just assume liability and cover future medical expenses related to treating the injury, he said that the hotel's insurance company probably wouldn't go for that and suggested that I propose a settlement amount...

I was quite horrified to hear the the hotel was a franchise of Starwood and that they would have their own local chinese insurance company deal with this…
i would imagine their insurance would pay for any "future" medical needs. why not deal with that then? your own insurance should cover your immediate expenses. i think i would drop the "pain and suffering" part. we are talking about an accident here correct?