FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New US Promo: 'Hop, skip and jump' to a higher level of Preferred status
Old Jul 8, 2010, 11:42 am
el_jefe

Programs: SWA A-List Preferred & Companion Pass, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz Prez Circle
Angry Current Chairman's Preferred Members NOT ELIGIBLE for HSJ Promotion

Ok, so I just got off a lengthy phone call with the Dividend Miles folks on the Chairman's Desk. The initial representative had not yet read the promo, so I was transfered to someone else. This person said first that I would need 4 promotion qualifying segments to re-up up CP status for 2011 program year^. I was then put on hold and she came back to tell me I needed 16 segments, then the story changed back to 4^.

Finally, I was transferred to Dividend Miles supervisor MARK who told me definitively: Current Chairman's Preferred members are EXCLUDED from this promotion. I told him that I appreciated the fact that he didn't create this promotion, but this was extremely unfair to current CP members in that the CP level will become diluted in the 2011 program year by MANY Platinum members who will take advantage of this promo and would otherwise not qualify for CP.

He said that he purpose of the promo is to introduce lower tier members to new routes, not allow CP's to re-up with four segments. He then said he understood the concern and there has been talk about this already. He said that there will be some sort of promotion or offer targeted at current CP members coming soon. I'm not sure whether to believe this or not, but that's the information I got.

I think ALL CP members need to make our voices heard that the current situation is NOT acceptable by emailing the Chairman's Preferred Service Center. If you need the CP service center email, please PM me.

El Jefe