FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Jul 7, 2010, 11:35 am
MikeMpls
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Est. shipping date for Sacajawea dollars has slipped to 7/14.

Only a gubmint agency could do business this way:

On 6/30 I placed an order for other stuff, not $1 coins, roughly $270 total. The order was immediately placed on hold. This was the first order to be shipped to my PO box.

On 7/5 I placed my next $1000 order of $1 coins. That order was also placed on hold. This order is also destined for my PO box.

On 7/6 the hold was released on the $1 coin order. It is now "in process".

Yesterday (7/6) I received a letter from the US Mint informing me that due to the size of the 6/30 order, I have to fill out & sign a form verifying the amount, billing address & shipping address and return it within 10 business days of the date (7/2) on the letter. Otherwise they will conclude that I no longer want the order and will cancel it.

Yet the $1 coin order, almost 4X the amount & placed 5 days later, must be small enough to ship without such idiotic verification? Also, my understanding is that if a merchant has a confirmation code from Visa, they are protected from fraudulent transactions. Such verification should be totally unnecessary.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I've circulated 939 $1 coins in the last week: $360 FlexPerks bill, $345 purchase of used books from individual, $131 RV trailer loan payment, $3 parking meter @ the MN Historical Society.

Last edited by MikeMpls; Jul 7, 2010 at 11:41 am