FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Miles and More Forum Biergarten Thread — Everybody is Welcome
Old Jul 2, 2010, 3:51 pm
YuropFlyer

Hope you can help me, I (fortunately) haven't had to fly over FRA for quite a while. Now I sponsered my better half ( ) a trip in business class ZRH - FRA - CAN and way back NKG - FRA - ZRH. (120.000 miles, I loved you...)

Obviously, ZRH will have her in the LX business lounge (as it will be from Gate A) but what about FRA? I know they did some serious changes of the business lounges, and last time I've been there the lounge was massively overcrowded (That was in the Schengen-part.. fortunately not enough experienced in FRA to already be able to know all the layout myself, I think it was the C/SEN lounge near Gate A28 iirc)

As she got around 3 hours to spend in FRA, I assume she is best off to move into Non-Schengen area and go into the closest lounge from her gate and wait there.. and here is where I have absolutely no clue, neither where the flight to NKG will depart from (usually) nor which lounge she should take. I guess if the closest lounge is crap she could find another further away one too (She is not a frequent traveller but could do CDG alone, so I guess she should be fine)

On the way back, to ZRH, I guess it will be just the lounge close to Gate A28 (which hopefully won't be crowded now they opened other longes too?)

Oh, and I assume I read correct on LH page that NKG doesn't have any lounge to use for LH passengers?

Last question, I hope it was smart to choose Lufthansa C over Austrian C in their 767 to PEK (for the flight eastwards, it didn't matter if CAN or PEK) - while I heard good things about catering from Austrian, seats should be much worse, right? (I know only the LH seat in C, which I think is fairly decent)

Thanks a lot for your help ^