FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Aviara - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jul 5, 2010, 11:12 pm
xuni4everx

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
I just completed one night award stay at Park Hyatt Aviara, I was here for the Fourth of July fireworks. I was looking for a self parking sign, but I couldn't find it, so I just valet park for $30. Hotel is located upscale residential area in Carlsbad, and this property is not near the ocean. I thought it was located near the ocean, but it's pretty far away from it. And I was told that none of their rooms have ocean view, but they do have some of their rooms with lagoon view, which is the one I stayed last night.
FD gave me the welcome letter with different name, so I told them we have same last name, but different first and middle name. He was looking for my welcome letter, but he told me that they don't have one for me .I guess I am not welcome at this property and then I asked for room with fireworks view, but FD gave me the room with no view. Actually, there was big tree blocking our view from the balcony, so we couldn't see anything from the balcony. Our first room was facing the swimming pool. so I went up again and ask for another room. Finally, I receive a room with the lagoon view which located end of the building, and it had really nice fireworks view. Fireworks were about 17min long, very nice firework, one of the best I saw so far, I would be back back for next fourth of July for fireworks.
My diamond amenity didn't show up until I requested for second time, it was desert platter with red wine, nothing crazy, something you will receive at any hyatt. Turn down service was after 6:30, and I received complimentary shoes shine service. I am not sure all of the guest receive this service, or just for diamond member. But you put your shoes on the bag they provided, and hang it on the door knob, and they will collect it, and hang it back on your door knob before 7 am. I was very impressed with the service. It was nicely shine with tissue wrapped in the bag.
The room was fine, their LCD had VGA output so you can hook it up with your notebook. I couldn’t find VGA cable in the room, but I will bring it next time. They also had two bathrobes, and two slippers to wear. Bathroom was pretty big with marble floor. It has nice towels, and bath amenities from L’Occitane. However, first room I got was regular hyatt amenities, but second room was from L’occitane. Weird.
Breakfast was at Bistro, I did choose the buffet, because it was different than regular hyatt buffet. It was $25 per person, but it was well worth it. Lots of choice, and it wasn’t that typical hyatt buffet. 100% satisfied with the breakfast buffet. Our bill came out $128 with the tip, and everything was removed at check out.
I love sauna, so I tried their complimentary spa service. Spa was located 1st floor, next to fitness center. There is dry sauna, steam sauna, and small whirlpool. It was little bit smaller compare to Indian wells, or Monterey, but service was outstanding. I highly recommend their spa service.
Check out was easy, no long line. I was only charged $30 for valet parking.
Overall, I really like their room, firework was awesome, diamond breakfast was one of the best, and spa was A+. However, I wasn’t completely satisfied because my diamond amenity was delivered after second request, request for NY times and never received it, was placed on worst room at the first time and I had to talk to manager to get just regular room without blocking any view, call valet 10mins prior to leaving, but they didn’t pull out my car. I was the only one waiting for my car.
Their service needs improvement, hopefully it will be real park hyatt next time I visit.