FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St Regis San Francisco [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Jul 3, 2010, 7:06 am
travelista

Programs: Delta Diamond, WOH Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, MSC Dia, Nespresso Club, ZTL Queen in Italy
Completed 1 of 2 FWN Nights over 4th July Wknd...

Overall I would say I'm satisfied... I have not been "Wowed", but just meh! satisfied.

We arrived around 1pm, and the front desk agent said our room was ready. (I was happy 'bout that...) He greeted us with "Happy Anniversary!" - - and so far, that's it for anniversary recognition. --I'll admit, I was hoping for something a bit more. SR Roma and SR Bora Bora were both more attentive to service details. But we were upgraded to an Astor Suite; which I already knew from the SPG iPhone/iPod touch app.

Room is nice. From reading other posts here I think the Astor suites are all XX11 series. Nice floor to ceiling windows, hardwood floors, separate bedroom area, small sectional sofa, 3 TV's, nice bathroom, and views of other buildings.

Turndown service was friendly and tidy. No chocolate bar/square was left (either for the Platinum amenity or a typical turn-down size). She left us some ice, and waters bedside.

I can't really complain because we're using 2 FWN nights, but I guess I do expect more from a SR. I can't report that service has been anywhere spectacular. (Other than we had the bartender uncork a bottle from us and he was very friendly!)

Oh, the gym is great! Lots of different, new machines. Great yoga-studio room - - I think few use it. Pool, indoors - - I didn't see a hot tub. But nice, comfortable furnishings. But.... 9th floor there is a rooftop Lookout area. There's some chaise lounge chairs and a table outside. Perfect place to unwind with an adult beverage.

Well... I'll still wait out, maybe they'll recognize our anniversary tonight. I saw on Yelp another SPG Plat had a small dessert plate delivered for their ann. (Although I like champagne...)

***Oh, I almost forgot. Yes, noise outside our bedroom window was loud! Typical city noise, but I agree with a previous poster. There must be a bar/nightclub close by, because I heard loud, obnoxious partiers and I had trouble sleeping. For sure they must be single-pane windows. Bummer...

Last edited by travelista; Jul 3, 2010 at 7:12 am