FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Power Etiquette
Thread: Power Etiquette
View Single Post
Old Jul 1, 2010, 2:01 pm
pinworm
Suspended

Originally Posted by tikiboy
Just wondering what the other FTers think….
Do you take both power outlets or are you quick to share?
I spend a lot of time at YYZ, which is notorious for limited power outlets. Many of the (few) outlets around had travellers using both outlets, with headphones on and avoiding eye contact as I tried to give them the “how about sharing” look.
I’ve seen people travel with mini power strips so they can share, and one time I saw someone plug their Dell into someone else’s power brick without asking. The unaware traveller had his laptop plugged in without it plugged to the wall. He didn’t see it happen until he got up to board.

BTW: I just unplugged my laptop to give the outlet to someone else, so I think I'll log off now.

Update: For those that spend time in YYZ-Terminal 3, there is an outlet outside the snack bar by B14. Pulling a table over creates a reasonable working setup...for Terminal 3.
It is a bit nasty to use ALL the outlets, but it is first come first served I suppose. You could always ask.

What gets me are those airports with dedicated laptop tables..and people sitting in them without laptops, eating luch or chatting.