FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cancelling OUTBOUND due to lost baggage on INBOUND - help!
Old Jun 30, 2010, 3:30 am
LeisureFirst

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
Question Cancelling OUTBOUND due to lost baggage on INBOUND - help!

I arrived back on BA112 this morning ahead of schedule. Sadly my large suitcase is somewhat behind schedule - although no one knows how far. All they can be certain of is that is never reached London.

Ordinarily, arriving home, I'd be reasonably relaxed about waiting a day or two knowing there's a high probability it will arrive with 48 hours. And for exactly this reason I ignore the pleas of many on here to take only what I require on board. My most valued and urgent items are in my hand baggage.

However, I'm due to go to Madrid tomorrow lunchtime (on a BA flight). If my bag doesn't show up at my home today (even midnight would do) then I don't think I can go. There's too many things I need to replace from the missing case and I'd have to spend all the rest of today doing it. With all the laundry I have to do, not to mention some and personal and delicate family matters than I have to make some time and sensitivity for during my one day back, I just can't do it.

Do typical insurance policies cover this situation and pay for the cancellation costs? Would BA at least refund my ticket price? - "Computer says no" but in the circumstances I think that's a pretty sh*tty response.

Any ideas?