FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Jun 29, 2010, 2:59 pm
IAHtraveler
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by PatMike
NEW shipping wording cut and pasted from mint website.....

"Packages valued at $300 or more, containing precious metal products (platinum, gold, silver) are upgraded to expedited shipping free of charge (does not include Ciruclating $1 Direct Ship Rolls)."

Now, when you place an order, it says standard shipping (free), but lets you edit the shipping option and pay extra for expedited (UPS) shipping (which none of us would do with a $1,000 order).

Note how they spelled "circulating" on the Mint website. I'm assuming that it is new and they haven't bothered to correct the spelling yet.
If this is the new method for "ciruclating" coins, I like it!! Before, I couldn't ship to my house because the UPS site is 40 minutes away and we're never home during the day to get the coins. So I could only use my work address. However our post office box at the end of our street has a ~14" x 14" x 14" locked box for packages where I can get them any time of the night!