FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Has anyone else realized the skymiles are impossible to redeem now?
Old Jun 29, 2010, 2:26 am
cashmccall

Has anyone else realized the skymiles are impossible to redeem now?

I am trying to book several international flights (business class) - 1 in a few months and 2 about 8 months out. The only available mileage is medium and high tiers.

this entire tier system is totally BS. i am months out and cannot get anything but screw-u tiers that make it cheaper to just purchase the ticket.

They try and con you into buying miles with 50-100% bonuses, but it still doesn't make sense since the miles arent even worth .01 it seems.

i have tried all the partner airlines....and my secretary calls every day. she has annoyed the singapore delta office so much they are starting to ignore her calls.

delta has totally pulled a scam and released this tiered system - releasing so few flights under normal/regular/low miles and most under incredibly higher rates. i know everyone read the recent delta article that stated only 20% of their flights were redeemable for low/regular miles. i'd be curious how the international flights were going because it's been 2 months of calling and nothing is ever available!!!!

i've flown delta for 15 years, but this kinda 'loyalty' program has me wanting to switch.