FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rooms in London for 1 penny? New Tube hotel
Old Jun 28, 2010, 10:43 pm
m90291

Originally Posted by ClimbGuy
keep in mind this is a Ryan Air style hotel. So while the room may be 0.01 GBP

The towels, a/c, tv, wifi, ect are all for $$$

actually I consider the tv charge to be a benefit to me because otherwise I would run the risk of turning into a couch potato watching television which I can otherwise do without flying to london for. The same with the internet which I can easily sit online while in the USA and do not need to fly to europe to be on the internet. TV and the internet are big chunks of time wasters for me.

But anyway I got a email back and they claim that there is an unlimited amount of night you can book for the .01 rate. However I still can't get the thing to book and they gave me a Malasian number 6(03) 79625888 to call for help. Unfortunately neither my home phone or cell phone can call Malasian numbers

Has anyone recommend a phone card that is easily available such as at Walmart that can call Malaysia cheaply? I was figuring I can just book a month at the .01 rate which would be .30 for a month and then just buy a new towel every week. And use that hotel as a base for traveling from London and back to Europe a few times.