FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010
Old Jun 28, 2010, 3:09 pm
USirritated

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by Canarsie
First, there is no comparison between this event and the Continental Airlines event. In fact, atldlff and I do not want this event to be anything like the Continental event. We prefer to keep the intimacy that made the event so successful for all who were present last year, and that includes Delta Air Lines personnel. They all said they had as much fun as we did, if not more!

Second, this event is a FlyerTalk event, not a Delta Air Lines event. I thanked Jeff Robertson personally multiple times for attending the Executive Question and Answer session last year, and each time I thanked him, he shook his head and said that he should be thanking me for inviting him to the event, as it is our event. Delta Air Lines does not have to spend one dime on this event, but Richard Anderson said to us in person at the Thank-You Luncheon last year that he wants Delta to be more involved in the event this year — and we welcome that with open arms. Besides, the employees of Delta Air Lines graciously kept surprising us last year with a number of different things for the event, and we have absolutely no idea what they have in store for us for this year, if anything.

Third, regardless of the opinion MikeMpls may have, I know he had a great time at the event last year, especially because he was the one who voluntarily launched this great Internet web site dedicated to the event.

Fourth, this is not a “rah-rah Delta” party. In fact, it is encouraged to be constructively critical about Delta Air Lines. The people at Delta Air Lines specifically requested and welcome constructive criticism and, in addition to personal interaction, they asked us if they could do focus groups during this event. After all, the whole point of the Executive Question and Answer session, as witnessed last year, is not to sell marketing hype, but rather to have a genuine dialogue regarding issues frequent fliers have and issues facing Delta Air Lines. Whether or not anyone liked or disliked the answers to questions posed to Delta Air Lines executives last year, nobody can say that they were not being as forthright as they possibly could be. This year should be no different. There was no agenda nor pre-determined topics or questions, and I expect that will be the case this year. Whatever topics were raised were discussed, and the executives stayed well beyond the time the session was supposed to be over. Nobody left!

Finally, this is not the thread to discuss “pro-Delta” versus “anti-Delta.” Please cease and desist from that type of discussion in this thread from this point onwards. There are plenty of other threads in the Delta SkyMiles forum for that kind of discussion.

Now, back to discussing and planning this event...
Very well thought out, very well put! Yes, let's leave this thread to only planning and attending the event, not to a debate over the quality, or lack thereof, of Delta, which makes it much more difficult to concentrate on the details of the event per se. There are many other threads for debates and complaints, but this thread is NOT one of them. Also, for what it is worth, a positive attitude, with constructive (non-personal) criticism, about the quality of the event, and the improving quality (hopefully) of Delta, will make things smoother, and more likely to improve on both fronts!