FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010
Old Jun 28, 2010, 5:13 am
socrates
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by monitor
I mostly consider DL to be a utility that transports me where I need to go and which gives me some perks since I need to go frequently. The minute that they fail to serve my important routes or do not provide the minimal levels of service that I need, I will be off looking for another carrier to make the same sort of change that I have made twice in the last eight years as my needs changed and as the airlines changed their routes and levels of perks.

As far as I am concerned, it is the job of MikeMpls and his like to try to keep DL honest since it is instinctive on the company's part continually to look for cost savings and to find them in the perks that they supply to frequent travelers. So, even in this dog and pony show atmosphere that DL is providing to its leisure weekenders (and other frequent imbibers of of their Kool-Aid) for their enjoyment, it is important that he be there in full voice (as if he ever is not so ) letting his POV be heard.
Very well spoken