FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - VIP, VVIP, Celebrity Status in Hotel Profile
Old Jun 27, 2010, 11:35 pm
m0hamed

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Also see housekeeping guest records. As a Diamond in most properties you will be a low level VIP. At the Grand Hyatt Cairo I am a higher category VIP as a frequent guest and it actually caused me some issues.

Got the Meet & Assist at CAI (they meet you at the aircraft gate, usher you to a VIP room with fruit, water and canapes while they complete your paperwork and retrieve your bagagge). RJ had lost one of my bags and I was pretty angry as I had my contact lenses and literally only the clothes on my back. Picked up in the hotel's Mercedes E class and we took a brief detour en route to the hotel. I swear that the duty manager called the driver no less than 15 times asking where we were so he could give us a VIP welcome, in room check-in etc. I knew that the driver would get in trouble so I literally took the phone, and asked the manager to stop calling. Apart from the annoyance, the driver was instructed to always answer his phone, and I didn't like that he was driving on the phone and navigating CAI traffic.

Upon arrival at the hotel the duty manager literally did not leave us alone for a good hour feeling the need to "VIP" us. I guess the moral is be careful what you wish for.

Sometimes the VIP perks are great, when hotels overdo it, it's just plain annoying.