FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AF Premium Voyager Review
View Single Post
Old Jun 26, 2010, 10:44 am
nomad1974

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
Originally Posted by Richard_Krueger
I just flew across the ocean in Premium Economy on Air France, and I will never do that again. These seats are horrible. They do not compare at all to Business Class. They do not recline, but slide forward, the leg room is pathetic. And they are extremely hard. The tray is unusable for anyone weighing more that 140lbs, i.e. for anyone actually needing an upgrade in the first place! I had to eat with my food tray on my lap. The reading light was broken as it was pulled out of its socket.

There are no bathrooms in this section, as it is boxed in between business and economy. There is no way to fall asleep in these seats given any position.

I would definitely recommend L'Avion from Open Skies for anyone serious about comfort. Obviously, this must be Air France's pathetic attempt to compete with them.
There seems to be a misunderstanding here. Premium Voyageur is NOT supposed to compare with Business Class - why would they do that and completely cannibalise their own Business Class?!

Also, L'Avion no longer exists: it's now OpenSkies. And they do NOT have an Economy class - premium or otherwise. They only have 2 kinds of Business Class. And yes, I agree, for the same price (or less!) than AF PV, you get OS BizSeat which is far better.