FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hacienda San Jose, Yucatan [Master Thread]
Old Jun 22, 2010, 10:27 pm
CNWO4LIFE
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
Originally Posted by seawolf
Staying at the Hacienda San Jose right now. Great property worthy of LC brand. You can definitely have dinner in Merida and stay at this location. It's only 45 minutes to an hour from central Merida. I would take the drive from the hacienda to Merida before sunsets so you know how to get back. You definitely don't want to drive to the Hacienda San Jose for the first time from Merida at night since the roads are small.

They seem to treat Platinums well since we were upgraded to the "Presidental" suite on the property (room 1). It's larger than three standard rooms put together and includes a terrace and a private outdoor swimming pool.
I just got back from a stay at this property. They had given my double bed room to another guest, and offered me the Presidential Suite as a gesture of goodwill. Wow, what a room! Huge back porch, private pool, nice telescope to stargaze, and a massive 2 rooms(at least 1000 sq feet) and large bathroom.
If you do not like total isolation and seclusion, this is not the place for you. There were only 3 rooms out of 15 booked while I was there so we had everything to ourselves. You are so removed from the fast pace of civilization, that it might panic some folks. We built fires in a pit by the pool at night and cooked marshmallows. What other hotel can that be done at? Lots of frogs and spiders, with the occasional horsefly. Kinda like camping in total luxury.
Staff here are tremendous, with no request unfilled. Food was good, and service was prompt. I am now trying to find time to go back. This place is now on my and my kids favorites list.