FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - (2010) Very Merry Birthday Bonus (restricted to AA and UA members)
Old Apr 27, 2010, 9:28 am
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
(2010) Very Merry Birthday Bonus (restricted to AA and UA members)

So, although I normally eschew giving any website more information than I think they actually need, I did add my birth date to the RN website (AAdvantage Dining).

Today my e-mail came, with a registration link, leading to:

"VERY MERRY BIRTHDAY BONUS
Surprise! It's 500 American Airlines AAdvantage bonus miles.!

Whether you're going out for a big bash with friends or ordering in for an evening of quiet pampering, your birthday celebration can earn you an extra gift. Just spend $10 on a single visit to a program restaurant during your birthday month and you'll be unwrapping 500 AAdvantageŽ bonus miles.

And to ensure that you keep earning, review your credit card information. Register additional cards to make sure you don't miss a single mile.

Earning 500 AAdvantageŽ bonus miles is a piece of cake.
1 Register for the Very Merry Birthday Bonus*.
2 Spend $10 or more at a participating restaurant, bar or club during your birthday month."

The fine print:

VERY MERRY BIRTHDAY BONUS DETAILS
* This bonus offer is open to AAdvantage DiningSM Online and/or VIP Members who have a birthday during the month specified in their AAdvantage DiningSM account. To qualify, you must register for the Very Merry Birthday Bonus through the links on this page and remain opted in to receive emails from the AAdvantage DiningSM program with a valid, deliverable email address. You must continue to satisfy Online and/or VIP Member level criteria to earn this bonus.

To earn this bonus, you must spend at least $10 (including tax and tip) in one dine at a participating restaurant, bar or club during your specified birthday month. Please note that activity that occurred prior to registration will not be eligible for this bonus. Members may register up to 10 days before their birthday month but the dine must occur during the birthday month on file in your AAdvantage DiningSM account. Members may register and earn this bonus only once during a 12 month period. If any changes are made to the birthday month in their account after bonus registration, the member may become ineligible to participate in this bonus. This bonus ends at the end of each birthday month specified in their AAdvantage DiningSM account at the time of registration. The bonus will end in its entirety on December 31, 2010. In addition, all dines must occur during a valid reward period and be paid for with a credit or debit card registered in the AAdvantage Dining program. Limit one Very Merry Birthday Bonus per member. A maximum of 500 miles may be earned with this bonus. Offer is combinable with other AAdvantage Dining bonuses. Please allow 4-6 weeks after your dine to post to your AAdvantage account. All account inquiries related to this bonus must be received 60 days after the end of the birthday month at the time of registration.

Please note that some restaurants offer rewards only on certain days of the week or up to a maximum spending amount per month. For complete program Terms and Conditions, guidelines and restrictions, and the latest rewards calendar, visit aa.rewardsnetwork.com. Other limitations may apply.

(My underscoring for emphasis.) I don't often eat cake, but the bonus is welcome. Nice, Rewards Network!

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 21, 2010 at 10:01 am Reason: add emphasis