FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010
Old Jun 20, 2010, 6:18 am
atldlff

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
Good morning everyone! I am simply amazed at the interest and response to the upcoming event. I am equally surprised at the number of creative reasons that people won’t have access to the internet on July 3rd, 2010, 12:00 noon to register.

In all honesty, I will be completely blown away if this event reaches the capacity of 100 people (which doesn’t include the volunteers) at each venue on the registration date. With that said, and WesNSpace please correct me if I am wrong, we will have the ability to create a waitlist for each venue, when and if that venue reaches capacity. At last year’s event we also had waitlists for each venue, albeit it was done manually, and as it has been stated before, we completely cleared the waitlist prior to the event. The planning team will of course monitor this closely and although there are no guarantees, we will do our best to accommodate everyone.

Originally Posted by WesNSpace
ATLDiff has arranged for us to be a part of a special "Corporate" program that will allow us to get a free ticket to be given away at a later time. If you are flying Delta to the event please consider calling 1-800-328-1111 and using reference code NM5VD. The phone booking fees are waived for those taking part in this program using this number and code. Also you will save 2% and help us with our fund-raising goals.

Thanks-
Wes
Yes, this is an "official" registered Delta Group event and if you choose to utilize the booking method above, you will receive a nominal 2% discount off of any published fare. As Wes states, if enough people utilize this, we will get free tickets that can be included in the fund raising efforts.

Originally Posted by N830MH
Sounds good to me that I can go to DL headquarters to meet CEO Richard Anderson & Jeff Robertson, too. I would likes to have more conversation with them. I will looking forward to meet Richard Anderson for first-time and I will offered to get on the DL hangar, too. I just want to have a training for me. So please try to response email me back.
Originally Posted by xanthuos
N830MH, I highly doubt (though the organizers are free to dispute this) that Richard Anderson will be playing any role in this event.

Hope to be able to register and see you all there!
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
I've heard quite the opposite. He couldn't attend the last one due to schedule conflicts, but he did attend the thank-you luncheon for the organizers.
The planning team is working to engage a wide variety of leaders from Delta on a fairly extensive set of topics such as SkyMiles, Delta.com, In-Flight, Product, Network, Reservations/ACS, etc. We will also likely have some level of Executive Leadership engagement. It is too far in advance to fully confirm the all topics and/or the executives that will be in attendance. More to come on that later.

Yes, Richard Anderson, along with Jeff Robertson did personnally attend and speak at the 2009 Thank you Luncheon we had for the Delta employees and volunteers last fall.

Originally Posted by Burj
So if we fly out Sunday evening we'll miss stuff? I'm sure I'm not the only one who plans to attend which will entail missing work/class Thursday and Friday...so to ALSO miss Monday would be really tough...

I've seen the post explaining that Thursday there are major events...but how important/major are the Sunday events?
We haven't finalized the Sunday agenda at this point, but I am sure that we will wrap up the day by 5:00 p.m. It is only a 5 min. ride to the airport so most people should be able to get flights home that evening.

Keep those cards and letters coming, and Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there!