FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Media Jakarta [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Jun 15, 2010, 7:40 am
Keyser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
checked into this property earlier today....i had initially booked a premier room so i was quite surprised when at check-in they told me i had been upgraded to a premier room....i asked if there were any suites available for upgrade & they said they don't upgrade plats to suites....they finally gave us a tower room, saying that there had been a cancellation a few minutes ago so we were lucky to get that room....

i hate fighting for upgrades so just took the room....i logged onto spg.com when we got to our room....there were more than half a dozen tower rooms available & about 3 different types of suites available as well....

the room looks no bigger than any other room....there is a weird stain on the curtain & another on the bed sheets....i asked for the sheets to be changed & it took them over an hour to do so....the furniture in the room looks old....there is no wifi in the room....just the wired internet....

we were in our rooms late in the afternoon & housekeeping came in....i told them i didn't need anything....when they left i looked for the 'do not disturb' sign but it wasn't in the room....i called down to ask for one & they said they would send one up immediately....after 2 hours when nothing came up, i decided to go down to the lobby & get one myself since i had some other stuff i needed to get done....they said they would get the sign put on my door immediately....

asked the concierge a question about a certain location & he just gave me a blank stare....after a few seconds he said he didn't know where it was....i asked him if he could find out & he nodded, then proceeded to help the person standing behind me....i waited for him to finish & asked again if he could find out....he just said 'sorry'....

tried to get some usd exchanged at the reception....they wouldn't change one $100 bill since it had an ink stain on it....the ink stain was no bigger than a tiny dot....you wouldn't even notice it unless you knew it was there....i told them i would get it changed some where else....they were quite rude during this exchange....

went down to catch a cab next & it took them 20 minutes to get one....we finally got back a few hours later & the 'do not disturb' sign is still not here....

i spend about 200 nights in hotels every year....this is probably one of the first times where i don't feel welcome....the attitude of most of the staff seems strange....i can't quite explain it....

we were initially supposed to stay here for 2 nights but my wife does not want to stay here tomorrow....good thing i have 2 seperate reservations....i'm going to cancel tomorrow's reservation & move to the le méridien after my meeting in the morning....

Last edited by Keyser; Jun 15, 2010 at 10:07 pm