FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PROMO: Move SPG points to AA: 25-35% bonus thru June 30
Old Jun 14, 2010, 7:57 pm
sc flier

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by cc2210
if i do a nights and flights transfer, can i make the hotel room reservations later down the line? basically like putting it on hold?
Sort of. You do this by booking something for the future and changing the dates when you know your schedule. My understanding has been that you can even change hotels as long as the new hotel is the same category. If your desired hotel changes category, though, then you can't rebook into new dates at that particular hotel.

I've only used N&F once. My perspective was sort of opposite what I've suggested to others here. I was definitely booking a Cat4 Fifth Night Free award, so I viewed it as an opportunity to get 50K miles for just 30K more Starpoints than I was already planning to spend on the FNF award. Normally, I still value my points more than that, but I had secured some good award flights in Business Class. (Both the flights and hotel were for our ski trip to Davos, Switzerland, last year. OT: I seriously don't know why no one has expressed interest in booking C&P awards in Davos this winter. They're available for every single night in Feb & March.)