FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Medallion upgrade from Hawaii to mainland US - how many miles needed for upgrade?
Old Jun 13, 2010, 9:49 pm
ewaiea

Programs: United Mileage Plus
Medallion upgrade from Hawaii to mainland US - how many miles needed for upgrade?

I recently applied (and was approved) for the Delta AMEX Reserve Rewards card. It's supposed to help you attain Medallion status faster - my question is this....

I live in Hawaii and want to be able to use my status to upgrade to business class when I fly to the mainland - I was told using Delta SkyMiles is not the way to upgrade - only to get travel awards - medallion miles must be used for upgrades. It seems like there's alot of restrictions when flying between Hawaii and the US, what would be my best course of action to be able to get upgrades for future upcoming travel. Keep in mind - I'm new with the delta program and I have no elite status so these questions might be pretty "rookie-ish". But I want to know how many medallion miles are needed to upgrade between Hawaii and the west coast (SEA specifically).

Any advice would be much appreciated.