FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dress code in j class qantas ???
View Single Post
Old Jun 10, 2010, 7:37 pm
m0hamed

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by knackers
The reason I ask as I was talking to a friend of mine this morning and she told me about her sister who flew j/business class little while ago and she was wearing blue jeans ( $300 pair by the way) and was told she could not wear them jeans were not allowed she had to change to dress slacks..!!!
I encountered this issue on complimentary upgrades provided by Gulf Air and Etihad through a sponsorship agreement we had with them. Upgraded to First at check-in but told no jeans allowed, despite being designer. The best part was they had just sent my luggage down, and wouldn't get it back.

I recall trying to buy different pants at the airport, but all of the shops required like Emporio Armani or even R.M. Williams are airside. They refused to give me my boarding pass until they saw me in them so I had a friend kindly deliver some horrible pleated pants to me, which I swiftly changed out of, and back into my jeans as soon as I boarded.