FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Vancouver - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jun 8, 2010, 2:02 pm
luxury

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Originally Posted by nnn
Thanks for the information. While the Hyatt is considerably cheaper (even including FSPP benefits), the Hyatt breakfast is what makes me hesitate. I am taking the extended family and would like a nice experience. I'm not expecting the Hualalai, of course, but the difference between a mediocre breakfast and a great breakfast means a lot to me.
One big difference between Hyatt and FS is that the Hyatt does have some Japanese items for the large number of Japanese guests who stay at the hotel -- like rice, miso soup, japanese pickles, etc.

However, I just find the quality at the FS to be of typical FS standards. The smoked salmon is sublime at the FS while it is adequate/good at the Hyatt. I find the service to be spotty at the Hyatt for breakfast as well depending on which section you are seated -- there does not seem to be any correlation to service levels and how busy the restaurant is. It is more a server thing I believe.