FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - waitlisted for business/first award
View Single Post
Old Jun 6, 2010, 9:50 am
d3van

Programs: UA 1K, AC *S, Marriott Plat....
Originally Posted by johnrg
I'm in the same situation for an upcoming flight. I'm cleared into NF, but my wife is waitlisted for XF on one segment. I asked if IM could open up a seat while on a call with UA a few weeks ago. The agent put me on hold, came back a minute later and said "there's a good chance it will clear, keep checking back". I'm planning to call and try again soon.

In case you don't clear, others here have said to request the FFCC (full fare class change) waitlist upon checking in at the airport. Apparently this list is supposed to be cleared first with paying customers ($ or miles), followed by UDUs. My flight is in three weeks, I'll be back to post the results. Good luck!
This is what I was going to do, however I have been noticing that as of late, UA has not been leaving much left in terms of seats available on the last day. Sometimes I have gotten the last F seat in UDU in advance of day of departure. Since there are 2 of us, I am even more concerned that we will get skipped over. This is what I am really worried about...