FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Have One On Us
Thread: Have One On Us
View Single Post
Old Jun 4, 2010, 6:11 pm
Mr. Elliott

Programs: AA lifetime Gold , DL Gold, Hilton Diamond
Have one on us coupons

Since Delta started the “Have one on us” coupon program, I, like a lot of other FT posters, did not get these coupons every time when I printed my online boarding passes and did not receive an advance upgrade, so I wrote a complaint via Delta.com about this.

This is part of the reply I got from Delta today, so now it appears the “Have one on us” coupons are now issued randomly. From what I understood when DL launched this program, everyone GM and up who did not receive an advance upgrade would be issued these coupons.

Dear Mr. Elliott

Thank you for contacting us.

In regards to the "Have one on us" coupons, they are occasionally offered to our Medallion members when a complimentary upgrade is not confirmed. It is not guaranteed that they will be offered to you each time your flight does not clear for the upgrade. We sincerely apologize if there was any miscommunication about this.

Maybe I am wrong in assuming or misinterpreted that this applied to all flights. I have searched Delta.com and I could not find any reference to the “Have one on us” program and its rules, so If SMI can jump in and clarify the “Have one on us” program, is the DL Medallion Desk agent correct and they are randomly issued.

Mr. Elliott