FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Concorde May Fly Again
View Single Post
Old Jun 3, 2010, 5:26 pm
Cofyknsult

Programs: AA ExPlat 4MM, AA Life Plat, Lufthansa FT, Delta Basic
Originally Posted by jbcarioca
I flew roughly 300 Concorde flights, split about 2/3 BA and 1/3 AF, with two flights on Braniff and a few on Singapore also. Braniff had several concordes from both AF and BA that ran to Houston. I flew on the BA one. The SQ was a route with BA livery on one side SQ on the other with cabin crew from SQ. My BA flights were mostly BAH-LHR-BAH but there were a few to JFK also. The AF ones were mostly CDG-DKR-GIG-DKR-CDG but there were a few to JLK on AF also. Nearly all my flights were between 1977 and 1986.
It was Dallas, not Houston. I flew the inaugural DFW-IAD-CDG flight on "Braniff", which was the AF Concorde in AF colours but with a N- registration which was applied / removed with transfers in Washington before and after each IAD-DFW round trip. On that particular flight, my seatmate was, by coincidence, the AF captain in charge of doing the AF leg (the domestic US legs were flown by BN cockpit crews with BN flight attendants). Due to a snowstorm in Washington that day, the BN crew tried twice to land at IAD, actually touched the runway the 2nd time but too far down , climbed again and we diverted to JFK. The AF captain was VERY nervous and did not seem to fully trust his BN colleague.... That was my one and only experience of a TOGA on the Concorde...

In that time, flying was more fun.