FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Do you tip the the airline's lost luggage delivery service?
Old Jun 2, 2010, 4:53 pm
Redhead

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by slg1999
Just so people know. The airline doesnt pay worth crap for anyone to deliver your luggage. that why so many people have to wait so long. Most of the delivery services are their own company not owned by the airlines. they keep folding cause of low pay by the airlines. I got paid 1.25 per delivery plus i had to cover my own gas. this after they told me I would get 10 per delivery. None of the guys I worked with ever asked for or expected tips but it was nice from time to time to get a tip or at least a smile and a thanks. Dont kill the messenger.
I'm sorry but I don't really care how much the airline pays to deliver my lost/delayed bags to me. I just expect to get my bags promptly. If they don't pay you enough, get a new job.

If someone tells you they are going to pay you $X and then only pay you $Y, then you take that up with the company and (perhaps) legal counsel if you have a contract or anything in writing, not my problem.