FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 20,000 BA Miles for £35!! (Amex Gold relaunch)
Old May 28, 2010, 8:53 pm
Blueboys999

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
As reported earlier I submitted an online enquiry about missing double Membership Reward points and received a reply that although I had been enrolled in the Preferred Rewards Scheme this was not recorded correctly and I was not receiving double points. They were going to investigate and rectify the problems.

When I checked my account yesterday I was still not receiving double points. I checked my account again this evening and I am now a Basic Card member. I can no longer see any points earned!

Has this happened to anybody?
Exactly the same thing has happened to me. It's a horrible mess and, frankly, I'm now wishing I'd never applied for this bloody thing.

Is anybody able to confirm whether there is such a thing as a 'Basic Gold Card' in the UK and whether it has the same fee attached? If they'll refund my £95, I'll pay my balance and happily part company with them.

Last edited by Blueboys999; May 28, 2010 at 9:04 pm