FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - $917.43 a night!
View Single Post
Old May 26, 2010, 4:35 pm
bigsaabowski

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, UA 1K, AA Exec. Plat., DL DM, National E.E.
Originally Posted by ringbark
Well, a couple of weeks ago I was staying for free at the Deansgate, Manchester, England (using my FN601) and the email reservation said "confidential rate" but the NOR-1 (I'm not paying them anything at all, ever) email said it was £349. Which is $502. This was the rate in the hotel's system, too, which they tried to charge me when I checked out. Sorry, not doing that. Quickly sorted out, fortunately.

But £349 ? Where did that rate come from? I couldn't find anything even close to that much as a rate on the Hilton website for that night, even booked on the day.

I got a very good upgrade indeed, but this may be because the FD manager knew me as a frequent stayer at the previous property he worked at. Or it may be because I've already qualified for Diamond for next year.

(If I stay 120 nights, why not give me 2 years. Or 180 nights, three years...)

In contrast, when I used the FN601 at the Waldorf-Astoria, NOR-1 said the rate was somewhere around $40. So this must be the rate HH pays the hotel.