FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread
Old May 24, 2010, 8:07 pm
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by flysurfer
If flying Y way an even remotely acceptable option for me, I certainly wouldn't even consider spending more than twice as many $$ just for two legs in a better seat. I'd just book Coach in the first place and be glad about how much I saved.

Anyway, if needed, I'm sure there will be a fair and suitable solution taking into account FT posting history, previous SMD bookings (aka revenue) etc. – after all, this forum is all about elite status and its privileges. In our world, premium seating, boarding priority and "access" are not decided by a lottery or other random means.
Well then I & other FTers would probably trump you if it's based on time on FT & # of posts, as we're a draw on the revenue if we started in America & booked J on TATL/charter last year, and some of us are ahead in the first 2 categories LOL. Tee-hee.

If I understand it correctly there are only 24 seats available in F & we don't know the criteria, so really let's face it, there will be folk who want F who are willing to pay who won't get it regardless of their status w/ airlines or their status on FT, and that might include both you & me!

Heck, even first booking might not work unless they open it up at a time when most continents are semi-open at the same time; otherwise it favors the int'l ones who are awake before the other int'l & NoAm ones, which isn't fair. Random at least gives everyone an equal chance at it (again, not being familiar w/ statistics, but think that's right?? I suck at math).

I appreciate our organizers a lot & haven't envied them organizing this in the first place given the amount of details that go into it (didn't they say they had something like 15,000 emails in organizing last year's?), and certainly don't envy them trying to sort out the lucky 24, or 48 if by chance this trip draws enough for 2 planes. But they'll figure something out I'm sure.

Personally I think they're nuts for doing this SMD2 so soon after doing last year's, but I love the nuts anyway
Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; May 24, 2010 at 9:59 pm