FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ANA Boeing 767-300 regional Business Class seats photo report
Old May 24, 2010, 12:44 am
Jet2K

Programs: HH Silver, SPG Gold, PC Plat, IC Royal Ambassador, UA 1K, Founder www.SeatExpert.com , CO Platinum
You are very welcome mcgahat, we had also had FAs told us that no pictures are allowed while on the ground, but really cannot remember whether that was before or after the particular NH 763 flight.

We sometimes bring on board boxes of candies for the flight crew, especially when we were doing some shopping ourselves, perhaps that might have made a minor difference in some cases.

Mrs. Jet2K just mentioned to me that she had read on some forums about this issue, and that the regulation is less strictly enforced (or not enforced) outside of Japan on Japanese carriers.

There must be a lot of exceptions and exemptions to the regulation as stated by joejones, such as pace-makers, ipods, wrist-watches, cell phones, real-time clock on PCs, PCs on stand-by, blue-tooth headset, ...etc. It almost seem to be an unenforceable regulation.

It is also curious that I have never heard any announcement prior to boarding that electronic devices are to be turned off while the plane is on the ground. Unfortunately I do not speak Japanese, perhaps the announcement were made without me understanding them, I certainly do not wish to knowingly violate the laws of any nation.