FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Foreign Nationals' Rights on Entry to the US
Old May 23, 2010, 11:21 am
Firebug4

Originally Posted by Teefaf
I've tried searching both the forum and Google for something on this, but couldn't find anything. If there is a previous thread I'd be grateful if you could point me in the right direction.

I'll be entering the US as a foreign national for the first time towards the end of this month. I've seen countless debates on the rights of US citizens, but nothing on the rights of foreign nationals. Other than the right of consular notification (and access?), do we have any rights at all if/when pulled in for 'secondary' by CBP?

As a side note, I'll be arriving on QF107 SYD-NYC, which stops in LAX for 2 hours where passengers are processed for immigration. There's a good chance I will be pulled in for secondary (I fit the profile), and will thus miss my onward flight to NYC (which is on the same QF 744 plane I landed in LAX on). Who makes the arrangements for scheduling me on a later flight?
Why are you assuming that you will be sent to secondary? What profile do you think you fit? If you get yourself all worked up and anxious before you even talk to the officer you are setting yourself up to send yourself to secondary. Just talk to the primary officer answer his questions truthfully and you will be fine. The questions will be related to your length of stay, purpose of your trip, the ability to support yourself while on the trip etc.

You didn't included you citizenship, if you are traveling on a visa or under the visa waiver program. These facts can affect what the process is for entry to the United States.

FB

Last edited by Firebug4; May 23, 2010 at 11:22 am Reason: Spelling issue