FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best F Seats to HI?
View Single Post
Old May 20, 2010, 1:02 pm
normcpa
In memoriam

Best F Seats to HI?

I tried the search function but came up empty. I'm taking the family to HI over Christmas. We will be sitting up front, my wife and I SAN-OGG and my son, daughter-in-law and 11 month old baby PDX-HNL. (We'll rendezvous after inter-island flights to KOA.) My sense of the AS planes is that the F seats are not very roomy. (I've flown F several times over the years PDX-SAN or SAN-PDX, but lately I've been opting for "exit row," which doesn't seem to have as much leg room as it used to.)

I know the bulkhead is a little tight, so I'm wondering which would be better for my daughter with the baby. I don't know if the baby will simply sit on my daughter-in-law's lap, or if they will try to have some kind of seat for her. I am always conflicted between sitting in the bulkhead with no real place for your feet and the need to put everything in the bins above in exchange for no one backing his seat into you. I'm thinking it might be worth it for a six hour flight, but I thought I'd check here to see if anyone had any strong feelings one way or the other.

Thanks for your help.