FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Do you fly private?
View Single Post
Old May 17, 2010, 6:07 pm
another_shot

Programs: EB*G, BT VIP
Saving time, increasing efficience etc is nice as long as it fits the bottom line. I used to fly privately say 1-2 times a year, bit less than that now Anyway I used it only for mission-impossible trips, usually a scenario was that some urgent meeting was falling in between two other very important meetings same day or overnight and it was virtually impossible to make it with scheduled services. Even then I had to take a deep breath and think twice if attending this particular meeting really worth anything between 10 to 30k EUR (as opposed to conference call for almost free or 500-900 EUR ticket a day later). Here I'm talking about light or mid-size bizjet for intra-european trip. Going across the pond (US East coast) will settle you for some 60-80k EUR, Far East even more than that. Probably I'm in a wrong business.

If you have a group of people to travel, especially 5+ it becomes not so prohibitive, but flying solo is simply too expensive unless you heading to conclude an 7-digit+ contract on spot which will not happen otherwise. We are not talking here about hiring a piston Cessna-172, are we?

Last edited by another_shot; May 17, 2010 at 6:15 pm