FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread
Old May 17, 2010, 4:46 pm
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by cova
Sounds great. I am ready to sign up. I will be in Germany when May 31st hits, so hopefully I will be able to find a terminal to sign up right away. I do want the CO flight back to IAH on the 6th.

A couple of questions (and comments):

1. Starwood does not have a hotel in the PAE area - so I assume the Sheraton in downtown Seattle would be used. This is about half way between Everett and SeaTac - so it would be just as convenient to have the charter ferry down to SEA for boarding. That would solve the TSA issue at PAE. Although if the return is from SEA - likely use a UA gate - since the SEA PC is too small. The UA RCC is much bigger.

2. ^ A big plus that CO is doing the charter. Scott - how about making the charter coach flight a full Y - so people get 150% EQM. Hopefully we get regular CO miles for the three legs - IAH-PHX, PHX-PAE, and PAE or SEA to IAH.

3. LH405 - Is the A380 completely out 100%? I know LH has the schedules published and JFK is not in this time frame. I haven't worked out the LH A380 schedules yet but since there is 7 days in a week, not 6, there is a chance that an A380 could be sitting around for Monday only. Any chance LH would put in A380 for this flight for test and marketing purposes? AF flies A380 out of JFK Term 1 so it must be able to handle it.
1. I'm sure the organizers will post final details, but appreciate you sorting out logistics for them on your own not being privy to what they have organized - again

2. I'm sure the organizers will post, but given a charter doesn't necessarily mean any miles, I'd say be happy w/ what you/we can get.

3. I'm sure (but it's just a guess) that LH's test & marketing for the A380 is based on bigger things than an FT Do

Cheers.