FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: AA schedule changes - free flight change / cancelation / refund
Old May 13, 2010, 8:30 pm
viking737

Originally Posted by krejcij
Well, if you want a sob story, my wife and I were down-sized from a 67 to a 57 on a first class flight from Brazil to Miami.....the problem with that genius plan was that the 57 doesn't hold enough fuel to make that trip so we had to refuel in PR. The only problem with that plan was that we had to deplane in PR and go through customs....the only problem with that plan was that our crew went illegal. I'm sure you can see what the next problem was, there aren't an abundance of AA crew's hanging out in PR in the middle of the night. SO ... not only did we have to sit in a poor excuse of first class in a 30 year old 757 for 8 hours, we had to spend the night in a hotel and the trip ended up taking 24+ hours. Whoopsie! Probably should have complained to someone...oh wait, I am....
What date was your flight?
I am guessing you traveled from Recife or Salvador which has been scheduled for a 757 for the last several months.
It was a 767 for the first few months, but apparently demand didn't justify this and it got resceduled to a 757, which is stretching it with a full load.
By the way , AA's oldest 757 is a bit younger than 30 years old.