FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: AA schedule changes - free flight change / cancelation / refund
Old May 13, 2010, 1:51 pm
androobe

Programs: None since COVID - yet!
Originally Posted by rbAA
This happened to me yesterday (5/11) on a DCA-JFK-SFO, where the JFK-SFO had a 757L substituted in place of a fairly full 767-300. So, one call to EXP and no luck in getting anything that was UPG confirmable much less possible. Went to DCA and the GA offered me DCA-BOS-SFO, still a 757 (older version) but confirmed in FC. OK it's just better "coach" seating and a meal.

I probably missed out on a good bump op, as the seating map (the day before,) showed the 763 almost full especially in FC (with some FC seats showing available,) but was more interested in getting back to SF, than playing, especially on a full 757 in coach. And when rebooked, showed as "A" class on the BOS-SFO, which somehow got me into the BOS AC for free. Posted as Y class with only some additional EQP bonus, no EQM bonus.

I did notice that BOS-CDG was cancelled and it seems the volcano is stranding some 767's in Europe, which might explain the equipment downgrades.
The daily 54/55 ORD-MAN-ORD has been running as a 763 instead of 75L for the past six days at least (ash problems). I don't believe it's the only one either. I was wondering where they were getting the 763 from but a few of these posts probably answer that question.

I just wish they would keep 54/55 as a 763, then I might start flying it again.