Old May 13, 10, 11:26 am
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, The Suggestion Box and Talkboard Topics

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I beg to agree and to disagree, fellow and respected FT member - the C of C in this instance both exonerates AA for the enumerated acts and protects them from a passenger suing to recover "special, incidental or consequential damages". Their legal eagles have protected them every which way to Tuesday, and the next paragraphs are even more onerous - as are the agreements governments slowed them two write themselves, like the Warsaw Convention, as amended at Hague, Montreal et al.

That's why the title is actually "RESPONSIBILITY FOR SCHEDULES AND OPERATIONS" and not something like "LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES" or the like.

The next paragraph in C of C excuses AA for practically everything else not heretofore covered: "FORCE MAJEURE EVENTS". (Includes "the devil made me do it" and "the agent was insufficiently trained" I am sure. )

When they (AA, or any airline,) do cut us slack, which occasionally they do as documented in FT, we can consider they have deviated from their Draconian unilaterally imposed "contract".

Defensive flying requires passengers read the C of C, Customer Service Plan and the airline's "Rule 80 / Rule 240" at minimum.

Downgauge = little recourse, unless it comes with changes of time, destination and / or routing.

Originally Posted by ijgordon View Post
<snip>

That said, I'd point out that the CoC excerpt posted above is really related to AA's (lack of) liability for schedule changes or delay. Meaning you can't sue them for damages if you miss an important meeting. The issue of them waiving change fees for advance schedule changes is more a customer service issue than a contract issue, and while they still fall on the stingy side of things, most of us know that, and there's certainly no reason to expect any waivers.