FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bank of America Wyndham Rewards credit card on the way out - June 30, 2010
Old May 12, 2010, 12:08 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WigWagX
It seems Wyndham is having problems. A web search shows their customer data base has been hacked several time. Maybe this is one of the reasons for the relationship ending.
No, with three different hotel families being dropped by BofA at the same time, the relationship ending is clearly at BofA's end, and is not Wyndham-specific.

If you look at BofA's site, they still have airline cards left, but no hotel cards left of any kind. (One key difference: Traditionally airline credit cards from all credit card providors have annual fees, but most hotel credit cards other than some from Amex don't have annual fees.)

And, in fact, I seem to recall that BofA put out a statement earlier this year that it was going to cut back on affinity cards and/or on cards with no annual fee (I don't remember the exact news, just that my reaction at the time was "what about all their hotel cards"?). At any rate, yet another clue that it was BofA that wanted to dump the hotels, not the hotels that wanted to dump BofA.