FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flight Attendant Service IAH -HNL- IAH
View Single Post
Old May 7, 2010, 10:58 am
Houston2mnl

Programs: CO PLAT
Originally Posted by sameerbhasin
Flight CO1 - April 28, 2010 - Houston to Honolulu

Traveled in Economy - when me and my traveling companion raised an issue about TV monitors not working the Flight Attendant (I am sure he was from the Islands) snapped back at us - it could have been a easy response back to state that they would restart the programs - it was just the way the attitude was. We presumed he did to every passenger traveling in Economy.

Flight CO2 - May 5, 2010 - Honolulu to Houston
Traveled in Business First - We had the same flight attendant serving us in Business First - didnt seem to have any attitude change from the previous encounter. He was rude on most occassions - didnt offer the menu for Dinner till we asked another flight attendant - just the attitude was very different. Other customers were provided Business First Ammenity Kits - we werent.
Next morning breakfast when my traveling companion asked for some jam/jelly he was informed that it was over and when I got up saw not even 8 of the 20 passengers in Business First were having Breakfast. They collected our Headphones eagerly as if we were running away with them - yet the other passengers had the headphones even after the flight landed in Houston.

We both have traveled extensively with Continental and were quiet perplexed with the service levels? Not sure if we were discriminated against? But it seemed like others were provided the ammenities but we had to ask for it? We have traveled with other Airlines too and never encountered such rude behavior.

Is this how Continental treats its Elite passengers? For a 7+ hour overnight flight a Amenity Kit doesnt cost the Airline any money? Why the disparity - when some were provided and us Were NOT??

We understand cost cutting means - no one is provided with the service - but preferntial treatment to some over others - thats not good business standard?

Continental Airlines has to learn a lot from other Airlines in terms of service levels provided either in Economy or Business First from other Airlines like Emirates, Singapore Airlines, etc.
Was he an mid aged gayish (not that there is anything wrong with that) guy? I thought he was reassigned. If it is, I have had the same issues with him in the past. I haven't encountered him lately though. I make that trip every 30 days.