FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Another infant award travel question
View Single Post
Old May 7, 2010, 2:39 am
San Gottardo

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by Catusa
To clarify, my baby would be booked on a full award tix so she wouldn't be obligatorily linked to me record. My concern is check-in when she has a seat she won't use in economy and the rest of us are in business.
Surely Mokshu can help out here, but my understanding is that you cannot even book a "full award ticket" for her. No airline, at least in IATA, allows bookings for infants alone.

Or do you mean you would just "hide" her age, pass her as an adult, book a "full" (=adult) award, and then turn up and say "suprise surprise, this is actually an infant, and instead of taking her booked/paid seat in Eco she'll sit on my lap in Business"? Hmm... I believe that you'd need to come across an extremely understanding team at CKI and at the gate, willing to bend the rules. There is also the issue that parents with infants can/should only take certain seats because of oxygen masks, etc. (unless you convince them that in the case of depressurization your infant will crawl back in the bottom of the Y cabin and take her mask there ). Also, at CKI, starting the maths that it's actually better for AF because of xx Euros won but not taken etc - I don't think they'd be ready to do that at the CKI desk.

Personally I wouldn't risk it, but this is just my opinion without having all the facts.