FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best credit card coversion rate to Asiamiles in 2009? (For FTers based in HK)
Old May 5, 2010, 4:16 pm
carrotjuice

Originally Posted by percysmith
Even if a time extension is granted, I have to convert before Jan 11, when my 1-year points expire.
Indeed this is a gripe that I have with Fubon points. All points earned throughout the year are set to expire in a particular month (eg. mine expire in July 2010... regardless whether the points were earned a year before in August 2009, or just a month before in June 2010!)

This is stupid. Normally the one-year validity should apply one year from the month in which the points were earned.

And different customer service agents give contradicting information. One said I have a grace period until October 2010 to redeem my points, another said the grace period is only one month post expiry which is August 2010. Not sure who to trust... like you I'm converting my bulkload before June 2010.

I personally think Fubon likes to make things as complicated as possible with such burdensome processes as the lucky draw, surreptitious rules pertaining to point expiry date and not giving clear indication on whether AM conversions will continue post June 2010... what the hidden agenda is here is anyone's guess.